So we've gotta address this topic if we're going to be real about 30 Something singlehood!
If you live in a place like DC where everyone treats dating like another thing to check off their to do list, then online dating is inevitable. Like I've said, I didn't have a whole lot of experience in traditional forms of dating, so if nothing else, this vehicle has made me an expert at the first date. They don't scare me anymore. And I've realized more people my age than not are doing it. It's no longer taboo or stigmatized.
Actually, it does have its perks. You get to meet all kinds (and i mean all kinds) of people, and if you don't get a total dud, you get some free drinks in the process (Note to all the single men reading this blog: No matter what the feminists say, girls like it when you pay for the first date). The reality is that those questionnaires and crap compatibility tools (you can tell they were designed by a man who hasn't dated since 1962) only screen for so much!
Yes, we'd all rather meet someone by bumping into them on the street, while sitting unassumingly in a coffee shop or at some kind of romantic neighbor rendezvous...but in most cases, that only happens in the movies. It may not be where you meet the love of your life, but you can practice in the meantime.
So here's a tongue-and-cheek interpretation of a date that originated online. It's a montage of experiences I've had myself and those I've heard from others. Just click on (or paste to your browser) the link below! Enjoy!
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7566185
That has got to be the best thing I have ever seen. No wonder 30 somethings are so afraid. I would be afraid too!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow. That was awesome! I've heard that dating in DC is more about meeting people who can further your career.
ReplyDelete